Celebrity Photos Fashion

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Obamas Celebrate the Fourth of July (And I Get Verklempt)

While I grappled with mixed feelings about my patriotism over a plate of ribs, The Obamas celebrated the Fourth in Butte, Montana. The campaign, flush with cash, has begun phase one of their war of cash attrition with the McCain campaign. Barack is flocking to regions Democrats haven't touched in years, forcing John McCain to spend his paltry cash in places that should be in the bag for him.

This is much like how we won the Cold War. The country with the most cash wins! I'm not a fan of Ronald Reagan, but his administration's "Star Wars" bluff was ingenious. The Russians didn't know we couldn't pull it off, but they definitely knew we had more cash than them. In your face, commies!

It's obvious that I highly approve of this strategy. Especially since John McCain has no strategy.

John McCain! He's the new "Bob Dole!"

That said, enjoy the pictures!

Arriving in Butte and oh-so-cute!

No one does insanely adorable like the Obama Family. Malia's cornrows are taking back to memories of my mother braiding my hair up for the summer because it was too hot to bother with pressing hair. I was free, ya'll! Free from the hot comb for three months out of the year. I could get sweaty and run through sprinklers. It was awesome. (Side note: Michelle and the weeMichelles (as the folks at Michelle Obama Watch like to call the kids, seriously have a thing for flats and leggings.)

I can not tell you how much I love this picture. I almost want to make it my screensaver. There is nothing like feeling like your daddy adores you. My dad is a big, burly guy and when I was little I loved curling up next to him to hear his heartbeat. Dear Lord. I think I'm getting a little sentimental. Daughters need fathers too, ya'll! If the first man in your life doesn't love you unconditionally you get a skewed view of how future men should love you.

OK. I'm going to be honest, folks. I am blessed to have a really affectionate mother and I grew up with nothing but sisters with whom I am still close. I soooo want a daughter(s) someday therefore this picture is what I want. I want what Michelle has. I want to give my love and time to a little girl. I want to adore my husband and be adored by him. I want to be loved. Is that so wrong? What black person doesn't want this? Oh, no, said the black person, I'd rather not have a husband or wife that loves me and kids who I adore. Nope. I don't want that. I prefer single motherhood and prison. That is just oh-so-more appealing.

Terrorist fist jab fever! Catch it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion