Celebrity Photos Fashion

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Obamas' Paper Dolls: What Will They Think of Next?

I'm waiting out for the Barack and Michelle Obama action figures personally. And I say action figures, not dolls, because Barack and Michelle are all about action. I expect them to be dressed and ready to lead the nation. And I expect them to be fly and fierce like my pair of Venus and Serena Williams dolls action figures. And the Florence "Flo Jo" Griffin Joyner doll action figure I had as a kid.

Fierce. I want them to be FIERCE, Mattel. Whenever you start cranking them out. But if you can't wait for your own Barack with the Kung Fu grip, perhaps these paper dolls of the Obama clan Snob reader Nonie found will tide you over.

When I was a kid I used to draw my own paper dolls with my sisters. Mama Snob also purchased paper doll books for us as wee ones. I have fond memories of it. And, oddly enough, I actually own a British Royal Family paper doll set which includes young Harry and William and one solitary paper doll of their mother, the former Princess of Wales. Man, did she pretty up that bunch.

The book used to sit on my desk at work. It was a bit of a gag, because I'm not much of a royalist. I think monarchies are a little silly. But there is nothing silly about wanting your own set of paper dolls of your favorite future first family.

But seriously. I'm holding out for the action figures and Michelle's separately sold fashion line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion