Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On the Trail: Hanging Out With Barack, Michelle and the Bidens

This woman couldn't resist getting a touch of that Obama-Biden **twinkle** magic. She looks crazy as hell, but I commend her on her sheer boldness alone as she poses, crouched down, playa-pimp style, like she's posing in front of a ghettotastic airbrush background of a tropical island at Skate King. Back in reality land, the 'Bama-Bidens are having some nosh at the Yankee Kitchen Family Restaurant in Pennsylvania over the weekend. The following pictures are of what they did right after the Democratic Convention wrapped on Thursday.

Leaving Denver ... only to ...

The Obama-Bidens arrive in Pittsburgh, Penn.

Obama: "Who loves you, baby? The Obama-Bidens do! Stay beautiful, people."
Biden: "Wheeeeeeeeeee! I'm a veepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Quay Park Rally in Beaver, Penn.

Barack, Michelle and Jill Biden are so good looking it actually raises Mad Joe's looks by 50 percent. Looking sharp like Mack the Knife*, Crazy Joe!

Windmill Ice Cream Shop in Aliquippa, Penn.

Ooo you make me live now, honey
Ooo you make me live
You're my best friend!**

Barack, obviously not lactose intolerant, goes to town on an ice cream cone.

"Mmm. Mmmm!"

"Tastes as sweet as a 50 state strategy. Mmm. MMMMM!"

"Ooh Gawd, this is good!"

"Mmm ... I hope they never change this flavor. It has a taste I can believe in."

Chillin' in Pittsburgh, Penn.

Every time I see "Mad Dog" Joe Biden he has a glint in his eye. During their joint interview with Steve Kroft for "60 Minutes" Sunday, once again, I thought Mad Dog was on the verge of tears when Barack was singing his praises. When I didn't think he was about to cry he was bouncing off the walls like a hyperactive six-year-old, so giddy about being on the ticket that he has energy that goes beyond his age. Mad Dog is ready to take a bite out of the GOP for you, Barack! Hold him back until it's the right time to let 'em loose!

Barack and Biden with NFL coach Mike Tomlin.

Yankee Kitchen Restaurant Family Restaurant

Jill: What looks good?
Michelle: Hmmm ... I'm going to have the hope with a side of change.

Funeral for Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones of Ohio

Bill and Hillary Clinton, along with Barack, said good-bye to the fiesty Tubbs-Jones, one of the few Democrats to balk at voting for the war in Iraq. She was a ride-or-die Clintonista during the primary campaign, but in the end, she was a Democrat, willing to support the party nominee. She passed away suddenly of a brain aneurysm in August. She was the first black woman to represent Ohio in the House of Representatives. She was only 58 when she died. She's also the seventh member of Congress to die this year.

The Clintons were close friends of Tubbs-Jones.

And more photos from "A Night In History"

Obviously, I wasn't able to find ALL the pictures I wanted from the last night of the Democratic Convention. (I know, you're like, "There's more?" And I'm all, "Hell's yeah!") So let's hit rewind and give it one more time, with feeling for the future first and second families, their big party and a whole lotta crying delegates.

Sometimes that hope/change gets you right in the gully.

If I could find this picture in a larger pic with a high resolution I would make it my computer wallpaper.

Heart officially melting. Want to hug the nearest black man I can find who is taller than me. I can feel my objectivity slipping. The Obama crack is seeping into my brain ... I ... I'm trying to fight it, but I ... I ... I can't. I want ... no ... Need more! I can't fight it! I'm too weak. It's a black man LOVING his woman, ya'll! Protecting the black woman who fights for him. Supporting her and her supporting him.

See? This is why most black women are ride-or-die Team Obama. Who cares about him? It's all about Michelle and the girls and how he treats them. Sisters can't get enough of this. It's both sad and inspiring at the same time. Sad, that the black family is so out-of-whack that we go gaga over a Daddy/Hubby doing what a Daddy/Hubby is supposed to do. Barack picks up Sasha and we're close to fainting because of the lack of father/daughter unconditional love in our lives. For us who have fathers involved, it's a different feeling, being proud to see your life represented on the largest stage in the world -- proof that you are not some freak.

The good side is that I think these images are great therapy to re-educate minds corrupted with a Westernized standard of beauty and esteem that most blacks feel are impossible to recreate. Barack, Michelle and the girls show folks that there is another, better way, to buck the system and do what uniquely resonates in your heart. Not what you think society (from family to the government) wants you to be.

We will get high of this supply all day. If anything ever goes bad in the Obama marriage black women will be the first one's holding candlelight vigils and prayers services, lobbying Oprah to intervene. Never have I prayed that God keep Barack humble and not pull an Edwards, "I'm so fucking awesome that I can screw anyone and be invincible." But nothing in Barack's public persona exhibits that. Still, I'm praying. Nothing must kill our dream! NOTHING!

Sasha, for once, kind of amped (even if she got bored a little later and had her head in mommy's lap.

I saw these three pictures of Barack Obama at the podium and aside from the whole "halo," Holy Trinity vibe going on here, it actually made me think of The Killers' song off of their second album, "Sam's Town," "When You Were Young."

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you remember when you were young

I'm still trying to decipher what the hell that song is about, but it's still a good rock track.

Everybody's Delegate Cries

Illinois Delegates

Mississippi Delegate

Alabama Delegates

New York Delegate

*When The Snob starting singing jazz standards six years ago, "Mack the Knife" was the first song I learned how to sing and mastered so that I could whip it out at any time. It's also one of my favorite songs, period. It's about a murdering mobster. It's the original "Thug Life" anthem.

**Lyrics to Queen's "You're My Best Friend."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion